Saturday, February 14, 2009

My dear Bella


I posted earlier this year that my dog Bella has cancer and Cushing's disease. The vet discovered a mast cell tumor on her knee and it was removed in January. It was supposed to heal quickly (2 weeks). However, it ended up taking over a month to heal and that was with frequent visits to a new vet in Houston and the wonders of an e-collar (and consultations/counseling from my awesome vet in Tulsa). Never fear, I took some time to "dazzle" her colalr up since she was so good about wearing it. I actually highly suggest doing it if you ever have to put your dog into a collar. The original collar was too long, where she wasn't able to reach her food or water. She was also constantly running into everything. The collar was also very sharp around the edges. So, I trimmed it down to her nose and hot glued fabric around the rim:) Bella is now tumor free, but there is a chance she will develop more. She is doing great and I love her dearly. Thanks for all the prayers.

No comments: