Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cake, Cake and More Cake



I finished my Wilton Class I class last Saturday. The picture is of my FINAL cake for class one. It incorporated the "Wilton Rose" and sugar flowers (around the border). The second cake, "Clown Cake" used technique necessary for making figures stand up. The last picture is of my very first cake. You can obviously see how much I learned in the three classes.

This class was so fun and I encourage everyone to take it. I ended up taking mine at the local Hobby Lobby. I can't wait for class two. Class Two focuses on the use of royal icing (which makes very pretty flowers). I'll keep you posted! Until then, I'm taking orders:)

3 comments:

Deana said...

What pretty cakes! Did you get to eat them afterwords or were they just fake cakes?

Mat and Kristin said...

That class sounds fun! I can't wait to see the upcoming cakes from class #2. And I'm so glad to hear about your dog and that she is doing better. And that your toe is better! Oh geez, I don't even know where to start to update my blog I'm so far behind!

Schmitz said...

look at you go girl! Am I going to have another best friend that is a pastry chef!